A truly rare and incomparable home ideally positioned in one of Brisbane's best suburbs, 'The Terrace' expertly fuses heritage elegance with modern functionality. Set on a large, flat allotment amongst beautifully established gardens and neighbourhood, this completely restored and renovated masterpiece is like nothing else you will find.
Originally built in 1933 by Charles Griffin, the heritage-listed residence has been lovingly reimagined by architect Shaun Lockyer and builder Cullum Hughes. A charming English-style red brick home, the five-bedroom property juxtaposes traditional warmth with contemporary design to create a home with unparalleled living and entertaining spaces.
Promising to impress both families and entertainers, the dual-level abode features a series of spacious interconnected living areas on the upper level, including a family room, formal dining area and media room. There is also a formal sitting room encompassing an operational brick fireplace, adjoining library and a linked office.
Entertainers will also love the adjoining state-of-the-art gourmet kitchen boasting Elba marble benchtops and splashback, Miele side-by-side fridge/freezer, Fisher and Paykel integrated fridge drawer and dishwasher, Electrolux 90-centimetre pyrolytic oven, Miele built-in steam oven and microwave, Zip hydro tap and a butler's pantry.
Other features include:
- Private parents' retreat with a luxe walk-in robe and daybed
- Ensuite with underfloor heating, Elba marble vanities, Hydrotherm hydronic heated towel ladder, freestanding bath and anodised black tapware
- Three additional bedrooms set away from the master with built-in robes that are serviced by two stylish main bathrooms
- Fifth well-sized bedroom on the ground level with a built-in robe, plus additional bathroom, separate laundry and drying terrace
- Generous rumpus room or den including a kitchenette that could serve as a children's or teenagers' retreat
- Covered al fresco area with built-in daybed that seamlessly flows from the living area
- Wyndham limestone-paved outdoor terrace that leads to a large landscaped rear yard and covered pavilion featuring a built-in gas barbecue, fridge, sink and black granite benchtops
- 18-metre in-ground swimming pool with a built-in thermal cover and five-metre retractable umbrella
- Floodlit championship tennis court
- Secure six-car garage
- Functional details like ducted air-conditioning, a wine cellar, storage-packed workshop, louvred windows, a state-of-the-art Bosch security system, 9.81-kilowatt solar system and provisions for batteries, Crimsafe security screens and a 60,000-litre underground water tank
Only 11 kilometres from Brisbane's CBD, this immaculate home is just minutes from the riverfront Sherwood Arboretum and Graceville's popular dining options, boutiques, cinema and train station.
Falling within the sought-after Sherwood State School and Corinda State High School catchment areas, you are also close to Saint Aidan's Anglican Girls' School, Christ the King Primary School and Saint Joseph's Catholic Primary School. The University of Queensland's Saint Lucia campus is also a short drive away. Do not miss this exciting opportunity - call to arrange an inspection today.